Saturday, September 3, 2011

Best friends


I grew up an only child. I had a half brother and sister who are 9 and 10 years older than me. I vaguely remember them living with us, but even when they did, it was for a short time. I did have cousins who were like my siblings. I loved being an only child, but there were times I wondered what it would be like to have have someone close to my age who lived with me. I would see my friends fight with their siblings, but then at the same time, it was like they had a built in best friend. That is how I see Price and Maggie Beth. Though they are 4.5 years apart, they play together. Every morning through the monitor, I hear my children saying good morning to each other. What a precious way to start the day. They are always calling each other to play or asking where the other one is. They like to sit by each other at the dinner table and play in the covers of our bed. Price will pour a drink for himself and his sister. Maggie Beth will grab 2 bowls when I am dispersing snacks, knowing her brother will want one too. They roll around on the floor, Price gives horsey rides and as you can see from the pictures, they are also partners in fight crime! Maggie Beth loves wearing his clothes and putting on his shoes (which, she has a shoe fetish anyway...) Price is great about sharing treats and taking turns with special toys. A friend once told me that a sibling is a gift. Some may say it divides love among children, but true love doesn't have to be divided; it multiplies. What a blessing it has been to watch these two little people develop a relationship!
















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment