Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a date



Price and I have had many busy days lately. Today, we just stayed home. This afternoon, Price found his way upstairs and into my bed. He doesn't take scheduled naps anymore, so I was surprised he made himself comfy and went to sleep. I had to capture the moment.
On the rare occasion, that Price sleeps during daylight hours, he usually does not make it back to sleep at his usual 8:00 bedtime. So, I made some dinner (that he was obviously not thrilled about) and after he ate, I surprised him with a treat....MOVIE NIGHT! Jon was gone this evening, and since Price had a nap and I knew he would have the stamina to make it past bedtime without any meltdowns; we went on a little date. We made a trip to Dollar Tree to get some Mike and Ike candy and then on the the theater. We watched the movie UP. Very cute and funny (a little emotionally deep for Price's understanding, but good none the less).

At the theater Price chose to sit in my lap during the movie, even though the whole row was empty! Who can turn that down!? I know my days are numbered of having Price wanting to sit in my lap, choosing to hold my hand and asking me to come "snuggle" him in the middle of the night. I could not help but hope that as the years pass, it will not be anything unusual for Price and I to hang out together and do things that good friends would do. I pray that when he is 11, 16, 21, 40...that he will still want to spent some quality time with Mom. May there be MANY MANY more dates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment