Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Zapped!

I have to admit, I feel great, just like I did when I was pregnant with Price! But there is one thing that has surprised me in the last week...and that is my inability to tolerate heat! I love summertime and everything that goes with it. I have never been one to complain about Oklahoma's oven roasting temperatures or shied away from being out in it. But I must confess, the heat is zapping me of all energy and fun in the daytime sun.

I was walking from the grocery store to my car today, and the muscles in my legs and arms were burning with weakness. The heat radiating from the concrete made it hard to breathe. Once in the car, AC on full blast, I felt worn out! Sounds silly, right? It does to me too! I NEVER imagined that being only 4 months pregnant would make me feel SO different in the heat!

My shrubs need to be trimmed (they are starting to block the view of the backyard from the living room window). I just know I don't have the stamina to tackle it! Price and I swim in the pool before 11 a.m or after 6 p.m. because it is too hot to be out side in the midday. Bike rides only happen before breakfast or after 8 p.m. because Mama is a wimp!

So we spend the afternoon reading books, watching movies, coloring, painting, practicing letters, playing with play dough, doing puzzles or going to the library. It is working out fine. Price is a real trooper. He doesn't even know the reason why we stay inside all afternoon; he hasn't thought twice about it, so I don't feel bad.

As long as I stay cool, I feel wonderful! I just had no idea that I would be so zapped by the heat...and we haven't even reached the "dog days" of summer yet! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember feeling that way too. You'll have plenty of indoor projects soon!!

    ReplyDelete