Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Hubby's Birthday


I love this man and I love celebrating his birthday! We don't make big plans or give extravagant gifts; and sometimes we don't give presents at all. I love Jon's birthday though. I like to give long hugs and sweet kisses to my man, send text messages and voicemails that tell him "Happy Birthday," and meet up with him for lunch.

It has been a long standing tradition for me to make his birthday cake, so Price and I did that yesterday morning and I left all the decorating up to Price. Price picked out a chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting that he wanted to be dyed blue with lots of "sparkles" (which are sprinkles) on top. We spent the evening at my parent's house. They made dinner and we brought the cake.

I suppose I like Jon's birthday for the same reason I enjoy celebrating Price's...I get to reflect on who he is and what he means to me. I think about what has happened over the last year and pray for the year to come. I am so very thankful that God created Jon. I am thankful for the day he was born. I pray for many more birthdays and God's blessing over my dear husband.

3 comments: