Thursday, July 30, 2009

6 years!

This Sunday, Jon and I will be celebrating our 6 year anniversary! Most people say their married life "have been the best years of their life," but I am not going to say that. Jon and I have had our fair share of tough times and bumps in the road...

Actually, in keeping with the analogy, we have had more than "bumps." We have driven off the road, rolled our marriage vehicle and crashed into a tree! People were "injured" and things at times have seemed to be a total loss. But, through prayer, forgiveness, communication and reconciliation, we have made it through. We have learned to let each other be who we are. See the potential in each other and encourage it. I have seen both of our priorities shift for the better, greater good of our marriage and family. We have grown spiritually and are more sensitive to each others needs and love language.

I would not trade those tough times for anything! We are better off for having experienced them and come through on the other side. God has been faithful to see us through raising a child, Jon's changing career, moving towns, finding our church home, deaths of family, miscarriages, financial strain, life's everyday stresses and now the anticipation of having another sweet angel in December.

I thank God for my husband! There are so many things I love about him! I think the goal of marriage is to help, respect and take care of each other. I can say with 100% certainty that I love Jon more today than I did the day we got married. We don't FEEL love for each other every single day, but we continue to learn to CHOOSE love, ACT with love, SPEAK with love...even when we don't FEEL love. Loving even though we have flaws, isn't that what true love is anyway? I am so glad Jon is willing to frequently overlook mine!

It is not a secret; I am far from perfect and so is Jon, but we are perfect for each other!!

The Playlist is a collection of songs that mean something to Jon and me. We started dating in 1998! These are just a few songs remind us of each other and different chapters in our relationship.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary Jon and Whit!!! We are so thankful for you guys and love you so much!

    MK and Joseph

    ReplyDelete