Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baby GIRL!

Tuesday, Jon and I went to Oklahoma City for my doctor's appointment. We were also meeting with an ultrasound technician to get measurements and make sure that all is well with baby. We were both hoping that we would be able to find out if our sweet pea was a boy or girl. When called back to the ultrasound room, I laid down on the table and prepared for the ultrasound. Jon stood to my left, the ultrasound tech, named Tammy and the screen were on the right. The lights were turned off and instantly we saw our precious baby. The profile was so distinct, and to me, looked alot like what I remember from Price's ultrasound picture.

She measured the head, located the bladder and kidneys, and did measurements on the bone lengths and saw the chambers of baby's heart. It is amazing to see the little heart just pumping away! She started trying to get an angle that would tell us if we were looking at our little boy or our little girl. Sweet little modest thing kept running from the ultrasound wand!

Jon had his head stretched out over me, studying baby's every move. Tammy said, "Yep, looks like it's a girl." I quickly pulled my hands to my head, whacking Jon in the face and said "What?! Really?!" I looked at Jon and he was smiling. I started laughing and crying. "I said are you sure?" She said "yes, look right here..." and sure enough, as clear as Price was a boy, this Princess had the girly parts. It felt like the world stopped as I saw her type "It's a girl!" on the ultrasound picture. She printed out the pictures for us to take home. Jon and I kept looking at each other with the cheesiest grins!

We texted our parents and told them we knew what we were having. They all tried to get it out of us, but we told them they had to wait until dinner. We met for dinner at a local Mexican food restaurant. We all got there about the same time. We settled into our seats and then Jon stood up with the camera and said "Let me get a pic of everyone at the announcement." He stood at the end of the table and held up the camera. He said "1-2-3-saaaaay 'it's a girl!'" He had set the camera to record video, so we could capture the reaction. The table erupted with noisy excitement!

My mom looked at me and said "What?! It's a girl?!" I answered "yes" then she started to cry. My dad has a soft spot for his little girls, so he teared up at the thought of another one to love on. My mother-in-law could not believe it. She kept asking "Are you serious?!" I must have assured her 3 or 4 times that we were not joking. Jon is the oldest of 4 boys. (He has 44 first cousins and 40 of them are boys!) It is a very rare occasion that a girl is born with the Molder name. When Kari finally believed we were not pranking her, she started to cry too. My cousin Evva kept saying "I knew it. I knew it was a girl all along!" Jon's dad and brother pretty much didn't react at all, but that is to be expected from those two.

Price was excited, but got tired of all the attention and questions people were directing at him. This morning, he came into the living room with a smile, crawled up next to me to cuddle and said "Good morning Mama and good morning little baby girl" as he patted my tummy (his voice jumped an octave higher when talking to the baby). So sweet!

We are thrilled!!! I cannot wait to stock up on bows, pink clothes, baby dolls, princess outfits and tu tu's! Jon has already mentioned how expensive prom dresses are. He also said he will be asking for a gun for Christmas. Ha! Jon has had a big smirk on his face for the last 24 hours. He is a proud daddy, just like he was when we found out our first born was a son! We are so excited. What an unexpected surprise!! I happily receive my new title as Queen because there is definitely a new Princess in the house!

I have been trying to upload the video for 2 days and it just won't do it! I will keep trying.

1 comment: