Sunday, July 19, 2009

Reconnecting



My mom and dad have a place at Tenkiller that they visit nearly every weekend from April to October. My parents invited Price to come with them for a couple of days. They left Friday at noon and are on their way home as I type this blog. I was looking forward to a weekend with my hubs, but I had no idea....

Friday afternoon, I went to his office and help do some work. Even though he doesn't say it, he likes it when I am there. I can tell by the look on his face. Later that afternoon, I stopped by Sherwin Williams to pick up some paint to finish painting the trim in the nursery. I took it home and started painting. Jon came home around 6:30 and we decided to go eat. We went to BJ's. It is a local hamburger/pizza/sandwich place. After discussing our thoughts on having a daughter due in December, we wanted to revel in it a bit, so we went to Wal-Mart to check out all things pink. Jon kept selecting outfits that were not pink, which I liked. She will need a good variety of clothes, not just pink. I made a stop by the grocery side of the store and picked out some icecream!

Saturday morning we got iced coffees from McDonald's and then drove the town checking out garage sales and then stopped by the Farmer's Market. When we got home, we worked together on insurance stuff while we watched Mama Mia! I enjoyed it; Jon endured it for me. We stopped by some friend's house and picked up a huge bag of maternity clothes that are being given to me to wear for the next 4 months or so! Cute clothes that I am so thankful to borrow!
We got Chinese take out and came home to watch another movie as we vegged out with full tummies. Around 4:00 we jumped in the pool. I fell asleep on a raft. I loved every second!
I hopped in the shower while Jon went to wash my car (I like it when he does that)! We went on an insurance appointment together just outside of town, then headed back for dinner around 9:00. We went to A&E Grill, sat out on the patio, had great conversation and enjoyed the cool summer night.

Sunday morning, Jon went for a bike ride and I stayed home and got around to head to the city. We left around 9:30 and had brunch at Bellini's. Again, we opted for the patio. It overlooked a pond with two water fountains, geese, green grass and lots of landscaping. The weather was beautiful! We had a delicious breakfast. We sat there for close to 2 hours. We laughed, casually talked about future plans and told stories that neither of us had heard (after 12 years of dating/marriage it surprised me there were things about him I did not know). We left and went to the mall. We strolled through the entire mall, grabbed a Starbucks coffee and headed home. When we got home, we took a nap and waited for Price to get back.

We had a whole weekend...face to face, great conversation, no interruptions, lots of laughs and memories made. I often forget about the real person behind the man who comes in and out of our house. He pays the bills, takes out the trash, wakes up early and works hard. I know he feels the same about me. He often forgets about the real person behind the woman who takes care of the household, spends her day with the kiddo, cooks, stays up late and does the laundry. I love my husband, that will never change! I am so thankful that I still get butterflies for him. I love hearing his voice and opinions.

This weekend, I got a fresh look at his dreams and plans. I was inspired by his passion. He is an excellent father, friend, brother and husband. We didn't take a fancy vacation but what a weekend! I loved the quality time I got with Jon. It has recharged us as a couple. Things were good before this weekend, but there is alot to be said for reconnecting. Maybe even more so when there were no obvious signs that we needed it so badly! We did,we just didn't know it!

3 comments:

  1. It is sweet how you cherish our simple little moments together. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment was posted by me, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I'm so glad you had a weekend, what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete