Friday, September 11, 2009

She has a name!

As of Saturday the 29th of August, our daughter's name is officially Margaret Elizabeth Molder. We already affectionately call her Maggie Beth or Miss Maggie. It is precious to hear Price call her by her name. He is not great at his "th" sound so it sounds like "Maggie Beff"....so cute! He stills talks to my belly button daily! Its like he thinks it is the speaker into my tummy where Maggie can hear him. A couple of days ago we were at the grocery store. While I am inspecting apples to put in the bag Price lifts my shirt, belly button exposed, and proceeds to ask Maggie if she likes to eat apples! Feeling mortified that my tummy is bare in the produce section, I gently back away, lower my shirt and smile at Price (not wanting to embarrass him). I look out of the corner of my eye and see a middle aged woman with an adoring grin on her face and she says "what a great big brother he is going to be."

I wish Nana could meet her and know her name. I am sure she does though. I would like to think that when heaven rejoices over birth and the "big events" of life or maybe even the small ones; that not do the angels sing, but loved ones that are there in heaven get to share in that joy as well. I don't know, but I can hope.

Jon said that if we were to name her after someone, it would only be fitting to name her Maggie. Not only do we like the name, but if a name comes with certain attributes, why not name her after the strongest, kindest, most loving and affectionate women either of us has known? And then we named her Maggie Beth! So there ya go!

We drove over to announce the decision to my mom. She cried...no, she wept with joy! I know she would have loved this baby girl regardless of her name, but obviously this name holds a special place in her heart. We are all excited to have a name for her. She is loved. Soon we will get to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment