Friday, March 19, 2010

House for Sale

News flash! The Molder's house is on the market! Okay, so for some of you this might come as a shock, but it is something Jon and I have been talking about for some time now. In the last month, it seems that all roads are leading us to sell our house. There are SO many behind the scenes explanations for this, but here is the short version.

1) Both Jon and I value the time that I get to spend with our children. I was privileged enough to have almost 5 years with Price as our only child. We spent everyday together exploring the world around us. I am so blessed to have been able to have that time with him. He is now in pre-k and I just don't know where the time has gone. Now there is Maggie Beth. I look forward to walking with her through all of her "first" moments and being the one to watch and help her grow over the next few years before she starts school. Because this time with my babes is so important to me, Jon and I have decided to sell our house.

2) Jon is an insurance agent, so his income varies according to his commissions. Because of this, he sometimes takes on side jobs to help increase cash flow. He referees wrestling in the fall and umpires baseball in the spring. He works so hard for our family. He too, of course has dreams of his own. I know someday he would like to buy out the book of business he works so hard to create. We would like to position ourselves to do just that over the next few years. Because this is Jon's dream, we have decided to sell our house.

3) We have debt. I know most people do. We have a car payment, Jon's student loans, a bank loan, recently accrued medical bills from the birth of Maggie Beth, and of course our current house. We want to OWN everything with out name on it and not OWE anyone, not even a mortgage lender. Because of this, we are going to sell our house.

4) We lived in a 1,500 square foot house in Edmond. Our home now is 2,600 square feet! It is alot of space to keep up with. I know that my life now is demanding with 2 small children, but I don't see it getting any less busy as my children grow. I want to spend more time living in my house than cleaning it, so....we want to sell our house.

5) Junk junk and more junk! The more space we have, the more room there is to fill! I want to simplify! The answer? Buy a smaller house and sell the big one! Actually we will have to do it the other way around! ; )

6) More dough to play....or more play dough, which ever way you want to say it! We would love to have the cash flow to pack up the kids any ole time we feel like it and get out of town! Whether we are beach bound jet setters or weekend warriors on the lake just a couple hours away; we want to be able to claim family time when we want it. In order to have this luxery, we will need to sell our house!

I know there will be critics. People who say we are currently "living the dream." We have a good marriage, two great kids, big house, swimming pool and so on. But, my dream is to be a stay-at-home- mom. Jon's dream is to own his own agency one day. Our dream is to spend wonderful moments together as a family. In order to live OUR dream we must sell our house! I am thankful God has planted this seed in both me and Jon. I have to admit, I was the one dragging my feet the first few times Jon mentioned it (I cringed soley at the thought of packing)! But here is the truth, my home is wherever my man and my children are. My job/mission/calling/ministry are the same no matter where our address may be!

I went through a process of swollowing my pride. Afterall, society tells us we move UP the ladder, right? Not "down"!!! People will talk and they might make up their own reasons why "the Molder's are selling their house" Friends might think we have gone crazy! I sometimes think so too! In reality we are creating a freedom for ourselves and our children. Through a series of study and prayer, God has changed my heart! I am loving the thrill of this adventure! Though we are not moving across the world (not hardly, we plan to stay in Chickasha...I think), there is a great adventure, and even more than that, there is great JOY in trusting what we feel God is leading us to do. You got it....SELL OUR HOUSE!!!

3 comments:

  1. I far from think you are crazy...you are courageous! And I admire you. There is nothing like your family. No "house" will ever matter as much!
    Please let me know what I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you guys! Love you!

    Bridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there was a like button I would push it right now! It will be fun to see how the Lord blesses your obedience in following His chasing those desires! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete