Tuesday, March 15, 2011

awww...love that.

Today, I planned a day to go to the zoo with my kiddos. It was a trick getting out the door. No really, it was quite a feat. I had to finish up a few things at the office before I left (luckily "the office" is right across the street from our house). I zipped back home, backed a diaper bag and intened on getting lunches packed too. Maggie Beth who we sometimes have nick named "the lil un-doer" was in full force. The was getting things out hand over fist while I was gathering items for the outing. I couldn't find my wallet. I looked everywhere. Meanwhile, Price keeps asking, "when are we going to the zoo?" "Its only 9:30, give mommy a second buddy" I would say. After calling Jon and my mom to see if they had seen my wallet, I remembered the last place I had it was at Wal-Mart the night before. I decided to call and check. Yes, it was there! Omg, now to see if the contents had remained....yes indeed...$123 dollars in cash and all my cards! I loaded up the kiddos to fetch the wallet. The associate said it was found in the parking lot. There are good people in the world! Must have fallen out when I was loading my groceries. Now back to the house because I decided it would be better to take the wagon so both kids could ride instead of the stroller for Maggie B. Big mistake. I locked myself out of the house. The car was loaded and I couldn't leave. My keys were locked inside. Luckily, my husband chuckled when I called for help, which helped to lighten the mood. He came to the rescue in a HUGE way! Not only did he unlock the door for me but while inside he exchanged his dress shoes for tennis shoes and hopped in the driver's seat of the swagger wagon! He was coming with us?! awwwww....love that. He jokingly said with the way my day was going, he thought I could use some help. Okay. I'll take it. Not only did my man come with me and the kiddos to the zoo; he got us in for free! His buddy works there and let us in. He was a champ toting bags, pulling the wagon, changing diapers, buying tokens for the carousel and jumpy thing. He fetched lunch and lemonade and gave a days worth of shoulder rides to his children. I was so thankful for his presence. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment