Monday, March 28, 2011

Flower Beds Coming Soon!













I am notorious for making flower beds! My husband knows this about me and he loves me anyway. I get a flowerbed project in my head and remain full steam ahead until it is accomplished. My method?


1) outline the desired scale and shape of the flowerbed with red spray paint.

2) make 'corrections' with black spray paint.

3) have Jon spray inside designated flowerbed with round up to kill grass

4) use tiller to loosen dirt and get as much grass out as possible

5) Put in a border of some kind

6) I should lay down a weed barrier...but I don't

7) Add dirt mounds to make it more interesting, natural and prettier

8) Plant flowers

9) Put down mulch

10) stand back and admire


Turns out my camera kept pointing the lens to the little girl in the brown and pink outfit that kept following her Daddy around. Wish I had got some of the work we did, but there will be before and after pics later : )













No comments:

Post a Comment