Friday, February 19, 2010

Way to grow, Maggie!

Today, Maggie Beth had a well baby check. The doctor (whom we love) said she is perfect! Her Weight is 12 lbs 10 oz.! She is in the 80% for her length and 47% on the size of her head! She is a super star! Unfortunately, we are having to take meds for thrush and I am about to head to the store to by some Head and Shoulders shampoo for a mild case of cradle cap. She has a hemangioma (not sure of the spelling) on her lower left back. Dr. Stacey says is may be the biggest at her first birthday, then will get smaller and eventually go away. No big deal (compared to all the things that have to come together to make a healthy baby)!!

She also got an oral vaccination and 3 shots!!! She was so happy and smiley! She had no idea what was about to happen. She even smiled at the nurse just before she got stuck. Maggie screamed and turned so red in the face, I thought her head might pop off! I couldn't wait to pick her up! She cried for at least 5 minutes afterward and was all sweaty from being so upset and crying so hard! Bless her sweet little heart!

After we were done at the doctor's office, my mom, me and Maggie Beth went to Panera Bread to eat. Maggie slept the whole time and all the way back home....and then some more in her bed. I suppose a good cry can wear a little girl out. I am proud of my Maggie! Her only job right now is to grow and she is doing that really well!

I also have to mention, that when Price left for school this morning, he said he would be praying for Maggie Beth today. "Shots are not fun, but they help us stay healthy" he told Maggie. He is such a wonderful big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment