Sunday, April 26, 2009

28th Birthday

So yesterday was my 28th birthday! My dear husband woke me up with birthday wishes and a sweet song "On the day that you were born, the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true...." We went to breakfast and came back home to plant flowers and work in the yard. It was a beautiful afternoon. Price spent some time with grandparents while Jon and I went to dinner. We fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie (Ha! We are such a lively pair!) I don't expect pomp and circumstance for my birthday, just a simple day in the sunshine with the family works great for me!!!
Price was so cute about giving me "presents." He would kiss my cheek and say "Happy Birthday Mama, you are a real princess!!" (he did this 3 or 4 times) He gave me some of his race cars and dinosaurs as birthday gifts. I got lots of hugs too!
I can't believe the years go by so fast! I have never been someone who dreads turning another year older. The truth is, I feel more comfortable in my skin every year! I am so very blessed to have the people I have in my life. I guess that is what a birthday is all about...hearing from all the people who are thankful for the day I was born! Thank you to all who mailed, emailed, texted, facebooked and phoned in birthday wishes! I had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated dear Whitney! I hadn't read your blog in a couple of weeks and what a delight to read a few again. I picture every detail and love it! Thanks for letting me peek in. 28 is a great age as is each passing one. I'm only almost 32 years older and still loving life so much. Melanie was 3 when I was 28 and what wonderful precious memories of those days I have. Keep enjoying your life and family.
    Happy Year!
    Myrlane

    ReplyDelete