Thursday, April 23, 2009

Summer is coming!

On Tuesday, Jon came home and was working in the backyard. He mowed the lawn and I was working the flowerbeds. Because the weather was gorgeous, we decided to go ahead and uncover the pool! I love our pool cover, though expensive to have put on every fall, it is worth it when the pool cover comes off and it looks just like it did the day we covered it!

I think I have a crush on our pool! My heart went pitter patter when the cover was pulled back! Turquoise water, the sound of the pump running and the smell of chlorine....ahhhh! Now my mornings will consist of making several trips around the pool with the net, cleaning out the bugs, pine needles and grass; sweeping the liner, turning on the pump, checking the skimmer, cleaning the filter....then sitting on the steps with my feet in the water, drinking a cup of coffee (all before Price wakes up)! Oh my goodness! I love it!

This weekend, we are planning to spray paint some of our deck furniture, get some new umbrellas for the tables, pot some flowers around the pool and maybe add some lighting for that nighttime glow around the water! Summertime is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment