Monday, May 11, 2009

Announcing....

Our baby! Jon and Price and I are expecting another baby in December (around the 14th to be more specific)! We are elated! Some may know our history with our quest to have another child. After 2.5 years and 4 losses, fertility appointments, tests and medications... we are thrilled to announce the baby that we, by faith believe will be the little one that makes it to our arms just in time to celebrate Christmas! Truly this journey has tested my faith and continues to do so. I know it sounds cliche, but it has all been worth it.

About 3 months before I found out I was pregnant, Price, out of the clear blue started praying for a baby. He would ask God to "give us a baby that can spend the night." The first few times, I was surprised, but eventually it started to break my heart. I wanted to have hope, but each month would feel so defeated and disappointed.

About a week after I found out I was pregnant, I was consumed with worry (not of God, I know...hence the faith journey! Ha!) We had not told Price about my being pregnant at this point. We were in the car on the way to McDonald's and he said "Mamma, I am so excited!" I said "Oh yeah, about what buddy?" Price said "about the baby God is going to give us!" I cried...no I wept! I knew that God was comforting me through the mouth of my babe!

So, here we are. I feel pretty darn good. Sleepy sometimes and nauseous when I wait to long to eat. No complaints, for sure. We have had three ultrasounds of our baby. At 6.2 weeks we saw a heartbeat! Again at 7.3 weeks! Today at 9 weeks, we not only saw our baby's sweet heart just pounding away, we saw its arms and head moving around. It looked alot less like a peanut and much more like a baby! (The miracle of growing babies will never get any less amazing to me!)

Price is so excited! He talks to the baby and about the baby. Jon and I don't say much to him about it. We follow his lead when he mentions it. It is still a long wait to talk to him about it too often. We will prepare him more as D day gets closer!

THANK YOU to those who have been so amazing! Specifically I want to mention, Molly, Alyssa, Dinae and Ashley! All who have encouraged me with hugs, prayers, thoughtful cards, scripture and listening ears! What a blessing!

We are thrilled, hopeful and looking forward to the journey that leads us to the day we meet our baby! Of course this pregnancy will be journaled about right here on the blog, so update yourself when you feel like it! Love and Blessings to all!

"You will keep in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3

xoxo



video of our ultrasound today!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I'm so glad you posted that. Precious. It's going to be so fun and I just can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you Whit!

    ReplyDelete