Thursday, May 21, 2009

Douple Oops!

So I was over at my Aunt Tammie's house visiting my Nana and we were hanging out in the front yard. I brought over Price's bicycle and he was riding around in the street, then back up into the driveway. We set Nana up outside in a comfy chair so she could watch Price. After he worked up a good sweat, we ran to the snow cone stand and brought them back to Tammie's to share with Nana and Jean (the sweet lady who helps to take care of Nana).

If you were to know my Aunt Tam, she has a heart the size of Texas and as good as gold! Honestly, she is one of the most giving and helpful people I know. She loves to laugh and has a great sense of humor. Not much bothers her, which leads me to my story....

The shrubs in the front yard were wildly out of control! Nana made a comment about hoping the shrubs get trimmed, and I said "I'll do it! It is a beautiful day...let me go get my electric trimmers!...I'll be right back." Price and I drove to the house and got the equipment. On the way back, I called Evva. I knew she was in town and so I told her "Your not going to believe what I am about to do. I am on my way to Tam's to give the shrubs a haircut. You should come watch this! If you get there and can't find me, I am lost somewhere in the flowerbed!" She laughed and said she was on her way over.

I started trimming the shrubs. I cut about a foot or more down to level the top and I ran into Christmas lights from 3 years ago! Evva and I were laughing so hard! I trimmed and Evva and Jean filled 6 trash bags. The trimmer is electric and I was navigating my way through a forest of shrubs. Well, I turned around with them and cut the extension cord! I immediately thought "Oh dear! Jon is going to be mad at me!" Tammie went to fetch another extension cord and about 30 more minutes into trimming, I cut that one too! Evva finished the job with some manual clippers, while I called my mom for another extension cord. I told her the story of my two accidents and asked her if Evva could borrow it! She said, EVVA could, but I should be fired! LOL! After about two hours start to finish, we were done and the shrubs looked awesome. There are even some spots for flowers (I told Tam is she would give me some cash, I would go get and plant the flowers).

We cleaned up the sidewalk and put away our tools. Tam had bought us some dinner, so we went in to eat. While we were eating, Evva and I made our plans to finish the south flowerbed. Yes, that is right, we only got finished the small flowerbed on the north side by the entry. We are meeting at my house for lunch, then going to Tam's house around 1:00 to finish trimming the shrubs! I am looking forward to it actually...sunshine and good exercise doing yard work.

P.S. Of course, when I told Tammie about the second severed extension cord and she laughed! Luckily, Evva's hubs, Clint is a handyman. They said they have a few spare cords they could give us to replace the ones I broke!!! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. How funny! Wish I could have been there to get in on the fun. Thanks for making mom's house look great!

    Love you,
    Bridge

    ReplyDelete