Monday, May 18, 2009

Stomach Bug Recovery

Yesterday was the pits!!! Price started complaining of a tummy ache around 9:00 a.m. By 10:00 he was throwing up. He had 4 bouts of vomiting before 1:00 p.m. and by that time I started to feel kinda sick myself. Price had a low grade fever. He laid on the couch, drank fluids and watch lots of movies. My mom brought over some Sprite for Price and some Resolve Carpet Cleaner.

Around 1:30, I started throwing up. Price was so sweet. He put his hand on my back and kept asking me if I was okay. I could not speak, but gave him a nod through teary eyes. He got me some of his Sprite and repeated the words I had been telling him..."You need to drink something, sweetie!" I had another spell around 4:30 and even though I took Tylenol, my fever stayed around 101 until around 9:00 p.m.

Jon was umpiring baseball games at the ball park, so he got home around 7:00 or so. He mowed the lawn until dark. He then got Price ready for bed and went to get some tacos to eat for dinner (bless his heart, he ate them in the car as not to make anyone more sick at the smell). When he walked back in the door, Price was on the toilet (now sick from the other end), he was crying, and poo was everywhere! I was about 5 steps away, throwing up in the living room!! Between heaves, I was trying to tell Jon where to find the wipies for Price.

Jon was a CHAMP!!! He cleaned up Price and and the bathroom. He emptied out my trashcan and cleaned up the carpet where I had...well you get the idea. He changed Price's sheets and got him back to bed then took out the trash!!!! He stepped into the most chaotic scene and handled it so calmly and compassionately. He was so patient and loving to Price and I.

I know it might sound weird, but I had a crush on my husband that evening (you know, those butterflies and giddy feelings). His helpfulness was so attractive. He stepped in and so tenderly took care of his family. He never got overwhelmed or aggravated at all he had to do or what was happening around him.

We all slept well and are feeling much much better today. Though selective about what to put on our tummies, we are well on our way to recovering.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better today.

    Love you,
    Bridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad y'all are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think I have a crush on Jon now too! haha. I love those times when God sends a rainbow through the rain. Reminds me of having my mil come while I had strep over Christmas.... xoxox

    ReplyDelete