Thursday, October 22, 2009

Good Day

Yesterday, I made a visit to the doctor. She said things were the same (which is good) and to keep resting regularly and try to stay off my feet as much as possible. The appointment went well. I have gained 17 pounds, and I think all but 3 of them are in my posterior! Oh well!

After the appointment, I met up with my BFF, Molly for some much needed girl talk. Our boys are just a year apart and Macy is just over 2 years old and so darn cute! We met at Chick-fil-A. I miss that place. The kids played and we got to chat for a bit. When the boys decided they were ready to go, we headed to Molly's house for some more play time. Price and Garrett played soccer, army men, dinosaurs and super heroes...that's what little boys are made of!

Molly and I sipped coffee and talked and laughed. The rain spit down on the windows and the orange, yellow and red leaves would rustle in the wind and fall every so often. We snacked on yummy pumpkin bread and refilled our coffee cups. Her house is so warm and inviting. Pictures of her kids and their art are sprinkled around the house. Lamp light and throw pillows make you want to snuggle up stay for a long time. I enjoy walking around her house and noticing any new additions since my last visit.

We talked about our children, parenting, housekeeping, God, babies, bible studies, gardening, decorating, arranging furniture, grocery shopping, our admiration of mutual friends and so much more. She gave me two boxes of clothes; some for Price and some for Maggie. I intended to leave around 3:00 or so, but did not leave until 4:45! That put me right in OKC traffic coming home. It was raining so there were lots or wrecks on the interstate. I don't think I EVER went over 28 mph until I reached the turnpike! It took us exactly 2 hours to get home! Price slept for the first hour. All the way home I thought about what a good day it had been. A safe trip to the city, good news from the doctor, breaking bread with dear friends, fellowship in a precious God loving home and good conversation. Price and I chatted and sang the second hour in the car. I laughed at him playing the drums and dancing in the back seat, which only made him do it more. We had PB&J for dinner and drank hot chocolate while we watched The Polar Express and snuggled under a quilt on the couch.

"Thank you Lord for a good day and all your simple blessings."

2 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee, ur so sweet! I miss the dickens out of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! There is something in our souls that is fed by intimate fellowship.

    I love you,
    Bridge

    ReplyDelete