Thursday, October 15, 2009

Little Giggles

Price is so cute and funny! Here are a few stories about things he says and does that make me giggle:

A couple of days ago, I picked up Price from preschool and told him I had a special surprise. He inquired about what it was and so I told him we were going to McDonald's for lunch. He was so excited (obviously, we don't go there very often). I pulled up to the drive thru. Price said, "Mom, I want to go inside." I told him that there are lots of people who are sick and that the Play Place had lots of germs. I explained that we would play inside some other time, but for today, we were going to take our chicken nuggets home. I was looking at him through the rear view mirror. He cocked his head abruptly, eyebrows pulled together with a frown and said "What?!! Then why did you make me get a flu shot?!!"

***********************************************************************************
We made a quick trip to Wal-Mart the other day. When we left, we passed by the fresh flowers. Price said "Mom, I wish I had some money. I would buy you some flowers." He said it kind of bashful and and with a flutter of his long eyelashes and just enough of a smirk to flash his dimples. I swear he knows what he does to me! I am such a sucker for him!!!!

************************************************************************************
A few nights ago, Price and I were talking about what it means to be married. He said he didn't want Maggie to ever get married because the man would take her to anther house. I explained that is what is supposed to happen and that he would have a house of his own someday too. He teared up and tried to talk through his throat being all choked up. "But I love this house! I don't ever want to leave." "Oh, okay, well...maybe when you grow up, you can live here. Daddy and I will move somewhere else." Honestly, the thought warmed my heart. I was raised in the house that my dad was raised in. I liked the idea that Price might have a family here. Apparently he did too. "Okay!! I will live here and you can live in baby Bennett's house!!" (our friend's house down the street). "I will call you when the pool is ready and you can come over and swim!!" He was so excited and relieved to have figured out something that worked well for everyone. "Okay!" I replied with a giggle.

*************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment