Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Laundry Room Makeover!

Maybe its all part of nesting....or maybe I get a ridiculous 'high' from knowing things are tidy and organized! I think it is a mixture of both. Pregnancy and the quickly approaching D day has caused me to kick things into high gear. My dear husband has received the brunt of my crazy behavior! LOL!

I like to decorate....not that I am good at it, I just enjoy the transformation and then living with my visions. I know it's weird. Jon has yet to understand my need for paint, white trim, organization, no clutter and decor that is 'pleasing to the eye' (at least in my opinion). When we did the master bedroom makeover, I literally felt more peaceful going to sleep and waking up in a room with a pleasing paint color on the walls, clean white trim and a furniture arrangement that was functional. We cleaned out all the closets and drawers; getting rid of unused clothes, shoes, jewelry, ties and hats. Everything has its place! I love that feeling!!!!

Anyway, the latest project took me to the laundry area. Jon seriously looked at me like he was thinking about having me committed when I told him I wanted to get the laundry room painted this weekend! Ha! He loathes painting, but knew I would keep dropping hints about painting the laundry room until it got done....and I can't do it.....so.....he ponied up! Like every other room in our house, we have to start with the trim. He primed and painted it white, then painted the walls Queen Anne Lilac from Sherwin Williams. I knew the laundry room was the one place I could put a color on the walls that I probably would not use anywhere else in my house. I wanted it to be colorful but soft, crisp and clean. He started painting around 3:00 pm and by 8:00 pm, I was doing laundry in my pretty laundry room.

I love the way it turned out. It is not a big area at all! It is located in our garage, but I spend so much of my time doing laundry (at least a load or two a day) and Maggie is not even here yet! I wanted the laundry room to be a place that I enjoyed, even though laundry is not my favorite thing to do. Again, I have yet to get my point of view across clearly to Jon, but he did it none the less, just for me! For that I am so thankful! He did a GREAT job!!
Here are some pics:
Trying to convince Jon that it is "fine", but I want it to be "pretty"
Jon had some help. Price said "I love to paint" and Jon emphatically replied "You did NOT get that from ME!"
The laundry room after everything is put back in place. It may not be a drastic makeover, but it is much better than before!I plan to get hooks to hang under each letter as a place to hang "delicates" to dry! Ya know, over in the concealed corner of the laundry room instead of out in the open garage!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment