Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Applying Philippians 4:13







What a beautiful day! Price and I have enjoyed it very much! We made a trip to the park this afternoon and played. I don't mean he played and I interacted from the sidelines; WE PLAYED!! He did the small monkey bars and I did the big ones. We made at least 20 trips down the winding dark slide, the tire swing, the swaying bridges, the fireman poles, the balance beams, the regular swings and the rock wall!!!
There was one piece of climbing equipment that Price was not wanting to play on. He encouraged me to go first, so I did. I climbed to the top and looked down at him. He said "I am just not sure I can do that Mama." I told him he was strong and if he would try, I bet he would succeed. I could see him thinking about it for a moment. He quietly and carefully started to climb. I may have looked away for a moment because in about 2 seconds his feet were back on the ground. I made my way down, and kneeled in front of him. I said "You don't have to do it if you don't want to Pricer, but I know that Philippians 4:13 says that you can do all things...(I paused knowing he would finish the verse) and he did..."through Christ who makes me strong." "Do you want to give it another shot?" I asked. "Okay!" And sure enough Price made it to the top! Not only that, but he decided today was the day to tackle all those pieces of equipment that used to cause him pause!! We did it all, and rejoiced over every single one! I was so proud of him! Proud not only because he tried and was successful, but mostly because I noticed a strength of faith, believing that he could! On the way home, we talked more about all the things that seem hard to do, but with God's help we can accomplish them. What a blessing to see scripture working in and shaping our sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment