Saturday, March 28, 2009

Farewell winter weather!


Well, I think Oklahoma might actually be the only state where you can experience all four seasons in just one week! As much as I was enjoying the wonderful warm weather, I have to admit I was glad to have an official last hoo-rah with winter. I am not a big fan of cold weather, but as my precious friend put it "it is easier to deal with the snow when we can be pretty sure this will be the last of it until next year." So, we did it up right. We used the last of our firewood, hot chocolate mix and marshmallows, and spent a lot of time in the kitchen baking up some "tummy yummies" as Price calls it.

Friday, just as the air got really cold and the rain came down, Nana (my mom's mom) came over to make homemade play dough. This was something that we used to do at her house during our summer visits, so I invited her to oversee our project to ensure quality play dough! She is an expert, let me tell you! The play dough turned out great! We had a movie marathon (Cars, Kung Fu Panda and Nemo) goldfish and grape kool-aid! Yeah! Of course the OU game was on for the evening hours. Go Sooners!

Saturday morning, we made homemade blueberry waffles and bacon! Jon was a champ at keeping the fire going and I think I drank crazy amounts of coffee. We went to Spring Fest out at our local fairgrounds. Kind of ironic, huh, with the ground covered in snow? We returned home and our whole family took a nap for about 1.5 hours! Yeah! I made a yummy pasta casserole for dinner, and Jon and Price baked a chocolate cake that Price decorated. We made a special delivery to YaYa and Poppy's house to share some cake with them. What a great weekend. So much special family time. I am thankful for the last snowflakes of the year. Farewell Winter!

Click on the link to see the slideshow from our weekend.






1 comment:

  1. on a random note- I almost just cried when I looked at Price's face in the picture (so cute!) and compared it to the picture of him in the profile. OMG, he's just growing so big before my eyes. (I thought only my kids were suppose to do that!)
    It sounds like you had a terrific weekend. good for the molder family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete