Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Breakfast in MY bed...?


Price woke up at 6:15 this morning (about 45 minutes before usual and 30 minutes before I normally get up). He said his tummy was grumbly and he wanted some cheerios. I directed him to his daddy who was already awake and sipping coffee downstairs. He was reluctant to let Jon fix his cereal. He said "you make it the best, mama," which made me smile. I was sleepy, and even though I was flattered, I still encouraged him to ask his daddy. He walked downstairs and I heard his sweet voice asking Jon for cheerios. I thought I had at least bought myself a few more minutes of shut eye. Next thing I know, Jon returned with a small bowl and Price is toting his lap tray. I said "what are you doing, buddy?" "I want to eat in YOUR bed" he said. "I don't think that is a good idea, Pricer." I was picturing spilled milk and soggy cheerios on my sheets. "Please, Mama?" "Why do you want to eat up here in my bed?" I asked. Price pulled his eyebrows together, and cocked his head to the side acting offended that I would even ask such a question. "Because I love you!!" he replied genuinely. Needless to say, that was all it took to convince me to let him pow wow with his breakfast in my bed. Jon grabbed his iphone and took this pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment