Monday, March 9, 2009

Like a flood!!!

A year ago, my family moved. We left the city, church and people we love to start a new chapter in our lives. My husband was given the opportunity to be Vice President of Insurance Operations at First Star Insurance Agency (he says his title sounds a lot more important than it really is). Jon was sweet enough to offer to commute, but we knew that it would take away so much "family time." We bought a home in Chickasha and Jon started his job. Insurance is a wild and crazy beast! Jon has been working long hours trying to build his client list. First Star insurance is a subsidiary of First National Bank, so Jon also travels to all the FNB locations (Tuttle, Minco, Newcastle, Blanchard, Cyril and soon a location in Mustang). This is great because he has a large pool of people to draw from that are already comfortable with the FNB establishment. It also keeps him very scattered.
Jon and I have been sending out leads to these towns; mailers that give homeowners a quote depending on the estimated value of their home. A few weeks ago, I began saying a short one liner prayer for each mailer I sealed (this is what I call a "flair prayer"). For instance, "God, let Mr. and Mr. Smith be open to considering changing insurance," or "Let this be the perfect time for Mr. and Mrs. Jones to receive this quote and want to call Jon." Doing this made me realize that Jon's business is something I should be praying about every day. I started putting these thoughts in my prayer journal and petitioning God about it. My words were..."Like a flood, God, let the phone ring, let Jon have the right price and help him to close the deal." Jon knew nothing about my prayers.
A few days later, Jon called me one afternoon and said, "Whit! The calls are just POURING in!" His words gave me chills! I started laughing! I explained to him about what I had committed to do. A few days later, he left a message that said "Your prayer has been answered, it is starting to flood." Praise God! Oh my goodness, the blessings we might miss when we don't let God in on "it"...whatever "it" might be!!! He loves to prove Himself faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment